Powered by Blogger

Blog Flux Directory

Who links to me?

Saturday, March 15, 2008

 

Lens crazy

So thanks to eBay, I got my hands on a couple more lenses. My quiver now holds these light suckers:

▫ 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 (kit lens)
▫ 55-200mm f/4-5.6 (kit telephoto)
▫ 50mm f/1.8 (Nikkor Series E)
▫ 135mm f/2.8 (Soligor)
▫ 300mm f/4.5 (Nikkor-H)

You've already seen what the nifty-fifty can do.

Here's what the 135mm can do:

El Cortez (by ebilflindas)Shot taken from behind the wheel, at the traffic light at Ash & 9th.
(click through to Flickr photo page)


With the 300m:

Untitled (by ebilflindas)Taken from in front of Rebecca's coffee house.
(click through to Flickr photo page)


Yeah, these lenses are still the manual focus deal, but I really like having that control, even if it means some of my shots don't come out--cuz when I can nail the focus, the images are sharp! That's the thing with prime (fixed focal length) lenses--the less components the light has to shine through, the sharper the image. At least, that's how I'd explain it until I learn what's really going on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new toys!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wow, stunning image of the El Cortez, and how cool that you have so many different lenses! Someday I will join you in that department...

3:54 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

great shots.

I have to put my totally manual 50 back on my camera. I pretty much keep my other 50 on all of the time. I still love it - and at this point in my photography skill I really appreciates that it meters...

The Cortez shot really is amazing. You really need to get it blown up. You could sell that one - easy.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home