Powered by Blogger

Blog Flux Directory

Who links to me?

Sunday, July 29, 2007

 

Slip and Slide Mayhem

So I never got around to posting about our spectacular Saturday last weekend. For a real quick run down, here are the highlights:

We started at a birthday party for my friend's kids;

then had a mini Blogger-Con at the Bird Park Concert in the Park;

and we rounded out the night at a birthday party for one of my friends, where Ren won the prize for best Robot dance!

Well this Saturday, we partied almost as hard, only we stayed in one place. Every Summer, my friends Erin and David host two slip & slide parties--one near the beginning of the season, the other around Labour Day. This year's opener was postponed, thus its late-July date. Despite being the only kid at the party, Ren had a blast--he's my usual companion at such gatherings, and all my friends, at best, love him; at worst, humouringly indulgent. Really though, it's a slip & slide party; there's gotta be at least one kid to serve as the model and example.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Emil... What a great video !! Perfect musical selection, and what a riot !! I remember slip n slide's from my childhood. Chloe and Blake want one now. To much fun !!!

8:44 AM  
Blogger erica said...

I love slip and slides!!! They were banned at our house after my stepsister popped her braces through her bottom her lip while sliding :(

1:57 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Best part for our family: Aida got to see her awesome teacher from last year on a slip and slide!

Oh the powers of the internet...

6:46 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I forgot to say - awesome video! I have a new appreciation for how fricken long making one of those puppies takes - I am sure a lot longer than it looks!

Amy is right, the music is PERFECT.

6:49 PM  
Blogger E'l Roy said...

Thank you, ladies!

Amy, be sure to let us know if you give in to their demands!

Erica: Have you forgiven your stepsister yet? ;)

Lauren: Of course, Shayna and I had to go on about how fabulous you and your family are--just as you and I might go on about how fabulous Miss Cribbs is (although we experience her fabulosity in different ways!

Do y'all recognize the song at all?
I guess I shoulda put some kind of attribution at the end of the vid...
It's Born to be Wild, as done by Fanfare Ciocarlia, from the Borat soundtrack.

8:30 PM  
Blogger ma otter said...

oh my god!!!
i am inviting myself to that party!!!
annie

9:49 PM  
Blogger Imperatrix said...

Hi! Looks like everyone had a blast! I've always been a bit afraid of SNS's, becasuse I'd be the person who slid OFF the darn thing and got grass burns. Yuck.

4:02 AM  
Blogger E'l Roy said...

Y'all are so invited, Annie!

Oh, believe me, imperatrix, no one came away unscathed.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Echo..everything everyone else said..love the song and the video!
yup..I bet there were lots of scars, but hopefully there was alcohol involved (hmmm...dyathink?) to deaden the pain.

5:09 PM  
Blogger lydiafdc said...

I had to check this out when I heard you mention it today...great work on the video and music. You should consider getting paid for this klind of work...if you don't already. awesome...

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home