Powered by Blogger

Blog Flux Directory

Who links to me?

Thursday, July 19, 2007

 

Ok, so yeah, we've been home for how long, and still I haven't posted? Sure, some of it has been just like Amy described, or maybe not--as busy as I seem to be, a lot of it is just in my head.

And this post, well, it's just to get something up here. I haven't felt like posting since getting home. It's funny, while we were away, I was itchin' get get online and post, which I did four times. Actually three times--the two Fourth of July posts were done from my cellphone, which wouldn't allow me to post more than one photo at a time. How's that for jonesin' for a postin'?!

After all that time away, though, we're back home...back to what I needed to get away from...back to what I can see more clearly. Hence my lack of blog posts--or comments on all of your blogs, either--for it became clear to me that blogging had become a form of escape for me. An insidious form of escape, to be sure, as it gives me a false sense of productivity; though in truth, it has been a diversion.

So, either my posts will grow increasingly infrequent, or they will take on the mantle of documentary as I chronicle my adventures in getting to those things which I have been avoiding.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger ma otter said...

just cut out t.v. and blog guilt free! that's what we do! in otherwords trade escapist vices. at least this one is creative!

10:37 PM  
Blogger E'l Roy said...

I guess you've never seen this photo!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

The Skeleton King speaks through his eyes !! (Great Photo !)

Emil..I totally understand what you are saying...more than you know...

Selfishly, I would love to see a documentary of your journey to get back to things, because I think it will be quite meaniful not only to you, but to me and others. I spend alot of time thinking about what this blogging thing means...and would love to have a philosophical conversation with you in person.

Where ever this path takes you...you have my full support! I found myself missing your posts, but have realized I miss you much more in person than in the blog world...

Let"s get together soon...

P.S. Love the free TV photo...it speaks in many ways !!

9:50 AM  
Blogger toshtanaka said...

damn

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,
I totally understand what you're saying..hence my way too personal and informative posts re. my divorce from time to time...it's nice to use blogging as a form of diary to help you work through shit..but unfortunately you don't realize that the whole world is indeed reading about your struggles..and sometimes..however much we love the world, we don't want to share our innermost vulnerabilities with them. I would like to hear about your journey though..we should all get together as Amy said..in the real world..as we obviously can't keep away from each other in the virtual one! :)
Peace, love, and understanding!!
Caroline

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home