Powered by Blogger

Blog Flux Directory

Who links to me?

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

 

Dawn-a-pa-Drew-za!


I just got an email from Drew of The Dawn & Drew Show podcast, asking me if I'd be able to make it to their "Dawn-a-pa-Drew-za" party / birthday party for Dawn! They've been talking about it for a while on their show, and I just thought, wow, that would be cool to be able to go to that, to meet these people in person--these people who called me (who they only know as someone who listens to their show) while I was in the hospital last year; these people who raised money for another listener who'd been mugged and robbed after attending one of their meet-ups.

Then they said that they were keeping the guest list to a minimum, and I thought, ah well, whatever, it's not like I could've made it out there (West Bend, Wisconsin) anyway. But then I get this invitation from them! Now, I'm not confused--I know that in my current state of affairs, I haven't the means to make this happen--and I'm ok with that. Just the fact that I've been invited has made my day. I am putting it out there, however, just in case, y'know, the Universe might splash some extra blessings my way.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I wish I was at Yearly Kos this weekend.

We can toast to limited means at the Bird Park concert this weekend!

3:31 PM  
Blogger E'l Roy said...

Hear, hear!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hey I just saw on your profile (link from Amy's place} that you were born in the year of the dog - me too!

Dogs rock.

12:35 PM  
Blogger E'l Roy said...

w00f!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home