Powered by Blogger

Blog Flux Directory

Who links to me?

Monday, April 02, 2007

 

Does LL know about this?

Your cellphone is not a boom box!

Everybody to the Limit

So we went to the movies last night. We saw "Meet the Robinsons" with some friends. It was, as most movies are these days, at a big multi-plex in a mall. Which is fine--I never go to the mall (as a matter of public safety), and the movie let out after mall hours, so not many knuckleheads were around. Notice I didn't say not any, but not many. Which isn't really saying anything, since all it takes is a couple shitwits to make me swear off of the general public.

Like I said, we got out of the movie after mall hours, but to take advantage of post-movie traffic, Starbucks and Cinnabon stay open a bit later. While I got a cup of coffee (yes, I do occasionally patronize Starbucks--I actually used to work there, but that's a whole 'nother story. You gotta pick your battles, and I wasn't about to get coffee from the cinnamon bun joint), my friends got some sticky-sweets at Cinnabon. While we sat and enjoyed each others' company, watching Ren as he ran around in neverending circles, a handful of kids sat at a table next to ours. After a bit, I noticed that the incessant buzzing I was hearing was coming from their group. I looked over and saw that they had a cellphone sitting in the center of the table playing music.

Ok, now I can accept that some people really dig the all-in-one gadgetry, ie the mp3-playing-camera-phone-PDA. But I don't care if you're playing my favourite song (it's free to download!)--it's still gonna sound like shit coming out of your cellphone's loudspeaker! I humoured myself by remembering a young, skinny LL Cool J as he averred his need for his Radio.

4 Comments:

Blogger ma otter said...

you crack me up ...and I like the use of "shitwits"...my blog has become far too family interactive and I can only say "poopyheads", in which case I get a firm "tsk" from Emmett...as for the "beds, a study"...the point is so I can see your messy-ass bed, not IKEAS!!
annie!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heheh. Shitwits. I'm going to incorporate that into my vocabulary.

1:47 PM  
Blogger E'l Roy said...

Sorry, Annie. Maybe I'll get a close-up of the bed so you can't see the rest of the room!

And yeah, I thought you might like that word, Ali! I'd be honored to see you work it into one of your future posts!

1:58 PM  
Blogger E'l Roy said...

Um, ok.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home