Powered by Blogger

Blog Flux Directory

Who links to me?

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

 

Violation of Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs

I recently logged onto myspace, and I noticed something very familiar about the "Featured Profile". It wasn't that it was my friend in the picture; it was that it was a photo that I had taken of my friend.

Featured myspace profile, featuring one of MY photos
It might've bugged me a bit less if it was a photo I'd uploaded to my myspace account, but it isn't--it's straight from my Flickr account. And while above the image, the text reads "Featured Myspace profile", the link led to a website for that beer daredevil character--I think it's for Bud Lite.

I'm fairly new to Flickr ( <1 year ) and I'm learning more everyday. This is the first time I've seen one of my own photos used w/out permission, though I've read about it happening to many others. I'm wondering if this is something worth pursuing, or if it's one of those facts of flickr life.

edit: Sent an email off to Myspace Customer Service yesterday. I received an auto-response stating that I would receive an email shortly.

I'm still waiting...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ma otter said...

weird, creepy and outta hand

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home