Powered by Blogger

Blog Flux Directory

Who links to me?

Sunday, April 06, 2008

 

Milk Gone Wild

I just heard about this video--PETAs spoof on the milk/cattle industry and Girls Gone Wild. It's pretty well done...as in, it starts off just like a GGW commercial, drawing you in (well, in as much as you might be drawn in by a GGW commerical), and then when the shirts start coming up...

Well, you'll have to see for yourselves. And make sure you view it before sharing with your kids. This is definitely PG-13, imho.

I'll tell you what, it's seriously got me thinking about my dairy intake.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love the way you describe this and distance yourself from it at the same time, like "yeah, it's just like other GGW videos... not that I've ever watched one, of course..."

:-)

10:48 AM  
Blogger ma otter said...

as a nursing mother I think about milk all the damn time and it is very very weird indeed watching this video...the cow business...ugh...
annie

11:27 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Makes no sense to take away a calf from it's Mama...that's one of the reason's we do soy milk, because I could not justify giving my kids milk that should be for calves. It's also why we rarely eat red meat. "Sustainable Farming" that's where we should be heading..

You should read "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Micheal Pollen, he talks about what we are doing to cows to..but not in a PETA way. He has a follow up book to.. "In Defense of Food", I am reading that now..

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home