Powered by Blogger

Blog Flux Directory

Who links to me?

Sunday, March 23, 2008

 

Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.

droptych (by ebilflindas)

This has been one of those photographic fascinations of mine--images of water droplets frozen in mid-air. Like with macro images, moon images, and wide-angle images, I've come to a place where I feel comfortable experimenting--and getting rewarded for my efforts. This was my first attempt at capturing water droplets, and while I'm pretty happy with my results, I know there's more to explore, more discoveries to be made, more "Aha!" moments to catapult my pursuit of ... whatever it is I'm pursuing! ;-D

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.


~Bruce Lee

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger ma otter said...

oh my god emil I haven't checked your blog in too long...since the obama post...lots of cool shots, ideas...I love the water droplets... how in hell did you get those?? no dont tell me because my camera knowledge stops at auto-focus...anyway, great to read all those posts at once...maybe I should only check in with everyone once a month for a more satisfying read...hmm...
oh, and I am also fucking Matt Damon...didnt you know?

9:41 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wow..I would say those are pretty good images..great for a first try..
Thanks for the Bruce Lee wisdom...very nice.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

You so want to be a water bender.

I was just going to write how I haven't been here for so long too! What was I thinking? So much great stuff.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home