Powered by Blogger

Blog Flux Directory

Who links to me?

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

 

Explore on Flickr

I swear, I'm not an 'Explore Whore', as they say on Flickr. As in someone who pimps his images in as many places as possible, in order to get more views, comments, and favourites--all of these somehow working into Flickr's mysterious algorithm for determining "interestingness". I don't care for any such 'popularity' contests, especially on Flickr (or anywhere online, for that matter), where things can get quite nasty.



Be that as it may, I am quite chuffed to learn that three of my photographs have garnered the distinction of being in the top 500 'most interesting' photos on Flickr at one time or another.



What does this mean, to be 'seen in Explore'? It means that when someone navigates to Flickr's Explore page, s/he is greeted by one of 500 photos swimming around in the pool of Interestingness at that moment.



The first two photos were taken with my new light-sucker, the Panasonic Lumix FZ8, and were taken 10 days apart. The bottom photo was taken way back in January, when I had my first 'photo shoot', and was taken with my recently deceased Fuji Finepix F470.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats! The top one is my favorite..you know..if we're going to start playing at popularity tests :)

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home