Powered by Blogger

Blog Flux Directory

Who links to me?

Friday, November 30, 2007

 

Get That Outta Here! (Or, Dammit, I've been tagged!)


Get That Outta Here!
Originally uploaded by ebilflindas
Ok yeah, so I've been tagged. But don't expect me to follow all the guidelines!

1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

Um...yeah, I don't need to link back to you all, do I? Your links are on the side bar! We're all reading eachother's blogs, anyway!

2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.

Ok, this I think I can handle...

1) That's me, in the above photo, with my back to the camera. I played goalie on my high school water polo team. What's so weird about that? My first year, I got an award for having a perfect (1.000%) goalkeeping record. The wierd thing about it was the award; I was really just the backup goalie that year, and it was for just a few minutes of one game, because Danny, our regular (kick-ass) goalie (who went on to become a dolphin trainer for Sea World) was taking the SAT. By the time he'd made it to the match, the other team had only taken one shot on me. I blocked it, sending the ball out of bounds. As the ball was being collected by the ref to resume play, Danny came running in, and the coach promptly pulled me out of the water.

2) I used to play in a punk-ska band called "G-Spot". Don't ask. There's not good reason or story behind the name. It's a lot better than what the band was called before I joined: the Yeasties. Anyway, yeah, I played keyboards and harmonica, and we got to share stages with bands like Sublime, Save Ferris, the Ska-tallites, and Hep Cat. At my "going-away", last show with them, I actually took off my shirt and gave it to some screaming tween who was pressed up against the stage. What an ass, I know.

3) I'm raising my son in the same house I was raised in.

4) The first record album I ever owned (I don't remember if I'd actually bought it myself, or if I'd asked for it) was Shaun Cassidy Live! I think the only reason I wanted it was because he was one of the Hardy Boys--it sure wasn't because of the music, because the only song I can remember on there is "Da Doo Run Run" or whateverthehell it was called! And the first concert I ever attended was Charo (Cuchi cuchi!) at the Del Mar Fair. If that doesn't count, then my first concert would be Oingo Boingo at SDSU's OAT.

5) I've competed in international tai chi competitions--ok, so they were held here, in the US, but the competition came from around the world. I (and my team mates) did pretty well, if I do say so.

6) I've jumped out of a plane, I've bungee jumped, and I've even jumped off a bridge into Mission Bay, but I refuse to go to Magic Mountain.

7) It's been two years. I'll leave it at that and to your imaginations. ;)

12 Comments:

Blogger ma otter said...

wow...I love all the music in your life...the adventure...your son! Youre a good man...(charlie brown?...no thats amy!)...2 years? I didnt know you were married?!!

9:27 AM  
Blogger E'l Roy said...

Nope, not married. FAR from that.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Great stuff Emil ! After Alan read my post and said "wow you are really putting it all out there" I was feeling a bit freaky, then I read your post, and I am glad to see you put it out there to..as well as the rest of the blogging crew! So, I love the bit about Shawn Cassidy live album...loved the Hardy Boys, loved "Da do run run"! Great photo to..nice that you got your moment on film, such long arms and fingers..

Not many people can say they are raising their offspring in the same house they were raised in...it must be strange and cool at the same time..

Sounds like you might have to have "G-spot reunion tour" to break that two year itch !!
P.S. The answer is "no' to using my former nicknames... :)

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shaun Cassidy and Charo? Now that's funny! Like out of the "Love Boat"

3:38 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Amy you crack me up! When you wrote "itch" I thought you were talking about "The Yeasties".

One of my first concerts was Oingo Boingo too! At Luther College - maybe the same college tour.

I love your list things too. Awesome.

10:05 AM  
Blogger E'l Roy said...

Amy: That's not the two years I was talking about, either!

Pepe: "The Love Boat" almost made it to the list!

Lau: I still have the ticket stub: 28 June 1990.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Dude, I saw Oingo Boingo in '84! Seriously.

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great list Emil.....I can't even guess on the 2 years...tell us!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Okay Emil, what I meant is, maybe if you were currently in a band called "G-spot" you might get some action to break out of the 2 year drought !!

2:27 PM  
Blogger E'l Roy said...

LOL!!! Gotcha, Amy! Sounds like you picked up on my obfuscation.

5:49 PM  
Blogger lydiafdc said...

Umm...my link is not up there??

Emil, I was laughing out loud as I read this...I guess I am the last of the tagged...late again!

...but first, I'm onto Amy's seven as I now know she has hers posted too.

10:52 AM  
Blogger E'l Roy said...

Oh SNAP! Thanks for lettin' me know, Lyds--you've been rolled!

You thought mine was funny--you're gonna pee yourself reading Amy's! I can't wait to read yours.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home