Powered by Blogger

Blog Flux Directory

Who links to me?

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 

Somewhere in Iraq

A good friend of mine has been serving in Iraq, and apparently he's allowed to use Myspace now. I'd sent him a link to my Flickr page a few months ago, but it, along with Myspace and whatever other sites, was blocked. I just got an email from him saying he's got a Myspace profile now, which is cool--I'm glad that they're at least allowed stay connected in this way. He even put up a little video of what he and his mates do to pass the time. (I wasn't able to embed it here, so you'll have to CLICK HERE to view it.)

ps Annie, show this to Matt. He'll remember this guy--I brought him to Rich's school once to work out.

5 Comments:

Blogger ma otter said...

I haven't shown Matt yet but that is awesome! It's like ballet (thats a good thing...really) and reminds me of when Matt got his black belt. There were a bunch of guys coming at him with all sorts of different attacks for an hour or more, maybe even 2. It was intense! Were you there that day? It was two or three years ago?!
annie

10:33 PM  
Blogger E'l Roy said...

Was it only 2 or 3 years ago? I know Matt and I were those "guys" when Shawn got his black belt...

6:51 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I can't imagine what it must be like to be over there.

I really hate this war.

Susan Davis sucks.

8:39 AM  
Blogger ma otter said...

Emil,

You and i were the guys for the black belt for Sean Donelson. When i got my 2nd degree the "guys" were LTC Dan Weber (Black belt) and Dave (2nd degree) and one poor new guy who I gave a bloody nose. 90 second floor moves, 8 forms, 5 weapons forms and 90 minutes free form. Yikes.

I remember that guy by the way. he's gotten better!

See you camping!

8:13 PM  
Blogger ma otter said...

emil, you take great pictures and, yes! lets camp again!! so fun!
annie

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home