Powered by Blogger

Blog Flux Directory

Who links to me?

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

 

Random Bytes: Blogger Template Hacks



Welcome to MYAH's new look! What do you think?

I love Blogger. It's easy to use, fun to tweak without screwing up too badly, and, of course, it's free (which dovetails nicely with the "screwing up" part).

Ever since I started blogging, I wanted to be able to tweak my blog to my liking, to personalize it, y'know? Or, as my little friend, Emmett, might say, "To make it POP!" So I'd mess with the code a little here and there--really, just rearranging things and changing colours, and stuff like that. Nothing I did, though, made it happen for me.

A few days ago (for the second time), I put in a search for 3-column templates for Blogger. The same search I'd done a few days prior, without the word "Blogger", got me a bunch of stuff for other blogging platforms. This time, though, I struck gold in the form of Random Bytes. Pam Blackstone, the owner, has a ton of information available, and detailed tutorials, for making your Blogger blog POP.

Some of it can be tricky--ok, a lot of it can be tricky, if you're not too savvy with the HTML and the CSS (no it's not a TV show) code-magic. But if you feel like gettin' down and dirty with your blog-code, Random Bytes is a great place to start.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Yes, your Blog POPS !!! I love it !! I will check out Random Bytes..but I may need your help... I love your Pumpkin Heads...so fitting..
Thanks for the heads up on the net radio squash..I love Pandora..listen to it on a regular basis..I will sign the petition...You Rock Dude !!

8:45 AM  
Blogger ma otter said...

LOOKS GREAT. I AM JEALOUS11 NEED A TUTORIAL...SERIOUSLY?!!!
ANNIE

9:57 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I am going to check out Random Bytes too. I used firdamatic for mine which was pretty good.

I am also going to check out the podcast you suggested.

Happy Mission Accomplished Day!

1:37 PM  
Blogger E'l Roy said...

Awww, thanks, Ladies!

Amy, I was telling Annie today that we should have a blogging party--we could eat, drink, and geek out! That goes for you, too, Lauren...party at the Dreyer Compound!!!

re: firdamatic--I actually gave that a try first, as a suggestion Pam gives on Random Bytes. I wanted to have a bit more hands on with the code--I learn so much better by deconstructing and reverse-engineering (as long as I have a model to follow).

5:56 PM  
Blogger ma otter said...

how do you get the dots on the side of the post?



emmett

[cool dude did ren help?]

6:12 PM  
Blogger E'l Roy said...

Dots?
Do you mean the background image of the cascading "Matrix"?
Yeah, I suppose you haven't watched "The Matrix", yet.
It was some tricky business, let me tell ya, wranglin' with the HTML/CSS code to get this look. It took a lot of "Hmmm, let's see what this does...OH NO! Whew, good thing I saved that!"

[and no, I didn't have Ren's help for this.]

8:00 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I like the new slate background. Very cool and easy on the eyes.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home