Powered by Blogger

Blog Flux Directory

Who links to me?

Friday, February 18, 2005

 

What the Rest of the World Watched on Inauguration Day

What the Rest of the World Watched on Inauguration Day

"The survival of liberty in our land increasingly depends on the success of liberty in other lands."

Fuck you, King George. I say fuck you for every single child who has to see their mother or father killed, who has to feel their parents' blood on their young, innocent skin, who's last look at their parents is at an exit wound.

Being a parent myself, I am especially shaken by stories and photos such as these. It breaks my heart to think of my son waking up in the middle of the night, crying for me, while I'm at work. Sure, my roommate will comfort him, and make sure he's o.k.; but imagining the terror that must rip through his little heart those few moments he thinks he's all alone kills me. Imagining him lost, or worse, abducted, takes me places in my mind that frighten me more than anything.

So to see a picture of a child, screaming in the dark, covered in her parents' blood, crouching at the feet of an American soldier, chills my soul while it breaks my heart, and further galvanizes my hatred of Bush 43. May the grief you and your administration have visited upon the world haunt you to your last damned breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home