Powered by Blogger

Blog Flux Directory

Who links to me?

Sunday, July 03, 2011

 

"My Name is Sam", by Berkley Hart

I'm a single dad, and anything that has to do with dads and sons (movies, stories, songs, etc.) always gets me. "Finding Nemo," and "A Knight's Tale," with their themes of dads having to let go of their sons just kill me. Driving home tonight with my boy, I tuned in to catch local San Diego band, Berkley Hart on FM94.9, and I was introduced to another work of art that went straight to my heart.

Before their segment came to a close, they played this song, which at first I thought was a cool from-the-dog's-point-of-view kind of story. Well it was, and more. By the end of the first verse, tears were welling up in my eyes; and by the end of the song, I was taking deep breaths to keep from sobbing at the wheel.

My son doesn't quite get it yet, but maybe someday he'll here this song, or one like it, and have a memory of me turning to look back at him in the car, with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home